We do indeed repair DC sockets on most laptop models. Pricing varies between laptop models – please contact us for a quote on your laptop.
As the laptop needs to be fully dismantled for such a repair, we carry out other complimentary services within the quoted price, such as:
– Create extra reinforcement around the DC socket area if possible,
– Clear the heatsink/fan area of any dust buildup that is causing the laptop to unnecessarily heat up more than normal,
– Clean all internal chassis areas of dust and dirt,
– Apply a fresh layer of thermal paste (we use Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound – it’s an industry standard) between the processor and heatsink,
– Tighten any loose screws and fittings inside the laptop that have worked loose over time, especially screws that are holding the screen hinges to the base chassis,
– Repair any other broken ports, commonly USB ports or audio jacks.
Whilst the laptop is dismantled, we will advise of any other viable upgrades before we reassemble. You’re already paying us for the labour and it’ll make economical sense to carry out small upgrades or improvements whilst we are in progress, that will have a small impact on the final cost (if any).